The project is aimed to inform, at regional level, on the implementation activities of the National Action Plan concerning the sustainable use of plant protection products, their chemical risks and proper use.
Due to farmers’ large use of phytosanitary products, the provided information are mainly addressed to trainers and business consultants as well as to technicians within the agriculture sector.
The main purpose is to reduce the pesticides’ risks and impacts on human health, environment and biodiversity.
ASSAM is regionally responsible for implementing training courses to issue competence certificates in the plant protection products' use, purchase, selling and advising.
In 2015 and 2016 following services were provided:
- An inquiry desk to support trainers and consultants;
- Guidance workshops to trainers holding courses on plant protection products’ sustainable and proper use and related risks;
- Advising material on the sustainable use of plant protection products (Guides, Handbooks);
- Dissemination workshops and meetings;
- Web management of the NAP page on the ASSAM website.