The sensory analysis laboratory defines the sensory profiles of experimental and trade products. The compliance with the sensory features of PDO and PGI products is assessed by a panel of selected judges. The laboratory is organized in the:
The laboratory is organized in the:
It manages the regional Panel “ASSAM-Marche” recognized by the IOOC (International Olive Oil Council) and by the Ministry of Agriculture which officially evaluates virgin olive oils to provide for:
• trade classification of virgin olive oils
• labels with the sensory characteristics (compliant with Reg. CE 2568/91 as amended)
• variety characterization (within the National Review of monovarietal olive oils)
• certification according to the production guidelines (PDO, monovarietal)
• collaboration with research institutes
• support to farms
Agro food sector
• evaluation of honey sensory features;
• compliance evaluation of the PDO “Casciottad’Urbino” (soft cheese) sensory features;
• compliance evaluation of the PDO “Oliva Ascolana del Piceno” (fried meat stuffed olives and pickled olives) sensory features;
• compliance evaluation of the PGI “Ciauscolo” (soft pork sausage) sensory features;
• sensory profile definition of the artichoke of Montelupone;
• sensory profile definition of the prosciutto of the Marche Region (dry-cured ham);
• enhancement of the “Marchigiana” cattle breed.
the Sensory Analysis Laboratory belongs to the Regional Agrochemical Centre. Its submitting office is located in Jesi, Via Roncaglia n. 20.
Monday to Thursday 8,00 a.m. to 1,00 p.m./ 2,30 p.m. to 04,00 p.m.
Friday 8,00 a.m. to 1,00 p.m.
Sample delivery in different hours may be arranged on appointment as well as by express courier or post. A sample collection service provides for sample submission forms and instructions for samples' taking and submission, compliant with the current legislation and reference literature. Therefore proper samples' taking, conservation and representativeness are guaranteed.